Report card – Innocent fear crept into my heart when the teacher used to distribute report card telling us to get our parents signature on them. So, how Namo as a leader of one of the largest democracy in the world would feel.
With Indian media creating hype over the report card of Sri Narendra Modi; I thought of putting my grades on the KPIs of “What did Sri Narendra Modi ji accomplish in year 2014?”
May 16, 2014 – I remember the day as I was glued to my TV set since 8 am and the smiles on my face when I saw NDA (BJP) leading 4 seats to 0 for others at 8.10 am and by the end of day, it was clear that all the other political parties has been swept or drowned in Modi wave. This day marked the beginning of new era, “The Modi era” as I would call it; wherein we saw a first non-Congress leader was elected as 15th Prime Minister of “Republic of India” with full majority.
Let us look at the key aspects of NaMo leadership:
- I have become the Prime Minister, now what, yesss a vacation to US followed by European nations; but this was not the NaMo plan of action. Being the Prime Minister, his utmost priority was to Strengthen the relations with neighboring nations and the countries he started off with was Nepal and Bhutan. China was providing aid to Nepal to improve infrastructure just in case to improve mobility of PLA in case of war with India. Hold on Mr. China, NaMo has a return gift for you; “Modi announces $1 billion concessional line of credit to Nepal”. The priority of NaMo is to get more buddies for India, be it through SAARC or BRICS or visit to stronger nations like US, Australia, China or Japan.
- NaMo NaMo chants are common in India whenever Sri Narendra Modiji addresses a rally, but the same chant was heard in Madison Square Garden, is that in US? Yes, it is in US. I have heard Samjhauta Express or Rajdhani Express per se, but Australia has a special train Modi Express. Be it US or Australia, the charisma of Modi has been successful in attracting crowd in foreign nations as well. No other Indian leader has managed to gain so much popularity internationally.
- The days will be long gone when we walked the lanes with our nose closed; and all the credit for this goes to “Swacch Bharat Abhiyaan”; started by INC (as they claim); but yes popularized by NaMo. I haven’t seen any other Prime Minister talk of cleanliness and toilets so many time that it has spread as a wide fire across the nation. Remember the ad by Vidya Balan for women hygiene and separate toilet. You don’t remember, sad but you definitely know “Swacch Bharat Abhiyaan” That’s the charm.
- “Hum poochte hai naukri kahaan hai?” (We ask you all where the jobs are?). Opposition says, NaMo has done nothing to eradicate the problems of unemployment. Well opposition, I ask you then what is “Make in India”. Let me explain this, Make in India – attract international investments – help them setup industries – GENERATE EMPLOYMENT.
- Victim: Sir, the government has sanctioned INR 100,000 for flood victim Govt Officer: Here, take your cheque Victim: but, I don’t have bank account…. And we all know the rest of story …. To tackle this, NaMo has a master plan too; “Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana”. In my opinion it would also help to reduce the corruption as the subsidies sanctioned for the needy will be directly credited to their account thereby reducing the leakages and middlemen at various stages.
I would like to conclude my report with few words, with the oil prices reduced, inflation in control, stapled with healthy stock market( Let’s make some bucks); I would say our economy is really looking good. I haven’t seen any other Prime Minister of India who has achieved such feats considering the time frame we are looking at.
Despite all the diplomatic moves and dirty politics played by opposing party, NaMo has come up strong.
I trust NaMo, do you?
Year 2015 – Achhe din ayenge……
- Image – santabanta.com
Ms Manisha Nair (LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/pub/manisha-nair/41/8a1/25)